Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Updated: HE'S BACK

Bill Clinton: "They Played The Race Card On Me"

Mark Halpen, The Page

Gets frustrated in Philadelphia radio interview when asked about his South Carolina remarks, says he was the victim of racial politics, and defended what he said about Jesse Jackson.

“I think that they played the race card on me. We now know, from memos from the campaign that they planned to do it along.”

After interview ended, but still audible on the air, says: “I don’t think I should take any sh*t from anybody on that, do you?”





Obama Responds:


Q: Bill Clinton said today I think they played the race card on me, we now know from memos from the campaign that they planned to do it all along. He is talking about the Jesse Jackson comment that he made it was in a radio interview

BO: I have no idea what you are talking about. What was he talking about.

Q: Inaudible

BO: so hold on a second. So former president Clinton dismissed my victory in South Carolina as being similar to Jesse Jackson and he is suggesting that somehow I had something to do with it. Ok well you better ask him what he meant by that. I have no idea what he meant. These are words that came out of his mouth, not out of mine.

Q: Were there campaign memos or plan that suggested playing the race card on him?

BO: Was there a plan to get him to say that my campaign was like Jesse Jacksons. I don’t know what he was referring to unfortunately.

Continue Reading

Update: Bill Denies Saying Obama Camp "Played Race Card" Against Him


No comments: