Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Obama Pick-up Two Superdelegates Endorsements

Kentucky Superdelegate For Obama

U.S. Congressman Ben Chandler from Kentucky endorsed Barack Obama for President today, citing his ability to lead the country forward:

"Today I am pleased to announce my support and to offer my endorsement to Barack Obama to be the next President of the United States. I have listened to this man, I have met with him and like many of you, I am inspired by his message of change and of hope for our future. But more importantly, I am convinced Barack Obama will provide the steady hand and leadership we need to chart a new path for our nation.

In these tough economic times, when many in our nation and right here in Kentucky are struggling to make ends meet and to provide for their families, too much is at stake for us to do nothing. I hope all Kentuckians and citizens throughout the nation will join with me in firmly supporting Barack Obama to lead our nation to a better future and to a place of respect for our country around the world."


Lowa Superdelegate For Obama


Winthrop farmer Richard Machaceck, an Iowa superdelegate, said today he is pledging to support Illinois Sen. Barack Obama.

Machacek, a member of the Democratic National Committee, had been uncommitted. He said he saw little difference between Obama and New York Sen. Hillary Clinton on policy positions or ability.

Machacek, a Buchanan County Democrat also on the party's state central committee, said Obama's performance at Saturday's Democratic district conventions in Iowa tipped the balance in his favor.

No comments: