Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sen. Obama Press Conference in Israel

Part 1: Opening Statement and Q &A
Obama:
Jerusalem Will Be The Capital Of Israel
I have Long Maintained Israel's Right to defend Itself
True Security Will Be Hard To Achieve If Israel Has Hostile Neighbors
I don't think Israel leaders got the impression I would pressure them
If President I would try to facilitate and promote Mideast goals





Part 2: Q &A
Obama:
There's a window right now to move peace process forward
Threat from Iran is connected to Lebanon, Hezbollah
A Nuclear Iran would be a Game Changing situation
Iran's Nuclear Ambitions Are Biggest Threat to Israel U.S.
I would consider meeting any leader to advance U.S. causes
We will not allow a Nuclear Arms race in the Middle East
I would expect Israelis to defend themselves against nuclear threat

No comments: