Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Signs of desperation: Its All About Obama

John Schwenkler

For reasons I can’t quite articulate, I just clicked over to Michael Goldfarb’s McCain Report (”A Blog You Can Believe In”), which is the official weblog of the John McCain presidential campaign. I know, I know, but hang with me here.

Anyway, as I’m scrolling my way down, something seems a bit funny. And then it hits me: All of these posts are about Barack Obama! So I scroll back to the top, get out a pencil and paper, and start checking, and sure enough - of the 20 posts displayed on the first page:

  • a full twelve of them mention only Barack or Michelle Obama, and make no mention whatsoever of the man for whom we are supposed to, you know, vote;
  • a mere three posts, on the other hand, mention only Senator McCain without referring also to Senator Obama; and
  • five posts mention them both.

Which is funny, because I thought that McCain wasn’t into negative campaigning …

[UPDATE: Pictorial representation here.]

No comments: