Wednesday, October 08, 2008

WIN By Any Means Necessary....Or.. How Not To Lose Gracefully

  1. McCain message is not connecting: The Polls



Today's Battleground States

Even the GOP-skewed RCP is now showing Obama ahead in all six. Obama is almost 5 percent ahead in Virginia. And he's campaigning in Indiana. When was the last time a Democrat campaigned in Indiana in October?



2. So whats a campaign to do when the candidate is old and can't communicate.

While campaigning in Pennsylvania today, John McCain said:

Across this country, this is the agenda I have set before my fellow prisoners...

Here's the video.





Or you can lend a helping hand:

When all else fails:
3. Desperation

  • Bill Platt, GOP chair of Lehigh County, just warmed up the crowd and referred to Obama as "Barack Hussein Obama" twice, a use the campaign had to disown in Florida last week. UPDATE 1 : That Florida sheriff, incidentally, is in some trouble not for his words, but for participating in a Palin event in uniform. UPDATE 2 : McCain campaign: "does not condone inappropriate' B Hussein O intro in PA

  • The Politico quoted McCain advisers saying McCain wouldn't focus on the former Weatherman going forward. But the McCain campaign also blasted out a statement from John Murtagh, who says his house was bombed by the Weather Underground when he was nine, hammering Obama's ties to Ayers.
  • Cindy McCain Taakes Off Her Gloves: “I’m proud of my sons, but let me tell you, the day that Senator Obama decided to cast a vote to not fund my son when he was serving sent a cold chill through my body, let me tell you,” “I would suggest that Senator Obama change shoes with me for just one day, and see what it means, and see what it means to have a loved one serving in the armed forces, and more importantly, serving in harms way.”

Other Campaign News

No comments: