Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Hillary your being paged

√ The comic Sinbad mocks Hillary's claims that their trip to Bosnia together was dangerous."I think the only 'red-phone' moment was: 'Do we eat here or at the next place.'"
Update:

Clinton, during a late December campaign appearance in Iowa, described a hair-raising corkscrew landing in war-torn Bosnia, a trip she took with her then-teenage daughter, Chelsea. "They said there might be sniper fire," Clinton said.

Threat of bullets? Sinbad doesn't remember that, either.

"I never felt that I was in a dangerous position. I never felt being in a sense of peril, or 'Oh, God, I hope I'm going to be OK when I get out of this helicopter or when I get out of his tank.'"

In her Iowa stump speech, Clinton also said, "We used to say in the White House that if a place is too dangerous, too small or too poor, send the First Lady."

Say what? As Sinbad put it: "What kind of president would say, 'Hey, man, I can't go 'cause I might get shot so I'm going to send my wife...oh, and take a guitar player and a comedian with you.'"


√ Axelrod: Clinton campaign has "insidious pattern" on race

√Bill Bradley was never a Clinton fan, “The bigger the lie, the better the chance they think they’ve got. That’s been their whole approach,” he said.


√ Obama foreign policy advisor Susan Rice: “I think if Sen. Clinton is serious about putting an end to statements that have racial implications…then she ought to repudiate this comment.”

Update:
"We disagree with her," said spokesman Howard Wolfson.

√Mail-In Primary Would Be Illegal In Florida State Law

“The following elections may not be conducted by mail ballot… An election at which any candidate is nominated, elected, retained, or recalled…”

other little-known factors, including:

How will the state get U.S. Justice Department sign-off fast enough, since Florida, as a “pre-clearance” state, is required to show that any election rules meet federal Voting Rights Act standards?

No comments: